Hi I'm Tanya and I am the head designer behind Sea Of Love. We are a creative studio specialising in natural + bespoke floristry design. Before deciding to work with us, here are a few useless facts about me so you can get a feel for the lass behind the whimsical bouquets:
- Tea is my beverage of choice.
- Fremantle is where I call home.
- I'm a huge animal lover, especially small fluffy pooches.
- I love impromptu down south holidays or cheeky trips to Bali.
- Marrying the love of my life at the end of 2017 has been my life highlight thus far.
- I thought I would be a hair dresser when I was a little girl.
- I try to surround myself with kind people who bring something to the table.
- The paranormal + scary movies have always intrigued me.
- I've begun a supportive community for W.A wedding creatives called the Event Exchange.
- I love working with brides that trust me to do my thing in order to create something beautiful + unique for their big day.
- My current favourite colour is duck egg blue.
- I'm usually the first + last on the d floor.
- I'm a sucker for a 90s pop hit from Britney, BSB or the like.
How it all started
For the past few years I have been running a furniture hire + styling business doing some flowers on the side. As the floral side of things grew, I realised it was time to let the hire side go + focus on the blooms. It wasn't until the end of 2017 when I decided to take the plunge to rebrand the business focussing solely on my number one passion which is floristry event aesthetics. The name 'Sea Of Love' means so much to me as it came to me after marrying my husband Jordan. I knew I wanted a business name that reflected who I was as a person + one that had sentimental meaning to me. Sea Of Love by Cat Power was the first song I ever danced to with my husband at my wedding so it made total sense that those three words could stand for the romantic feels I wanted my new name to embody. Both Jordan + myself are coastal relaxed people + his photography business You, Me & The Sea also reflects this. If you haven't heard it already, I urge you to listen to the song if you are thinking of using me as your wedding florist. If it pulls at your heart strings, relaxes you + the words strike a cord then I have no doubt we will be an awesome match for each other.
A snippet from my wedding speech to Jordan 16.12.17. This is us on our wedding day utterly besotted with each other + overwhelmed with all the love being thrown our way.
I thought I knew all there was to know about planning the big day but it wasn't until I went through it myself that I realised there was a hell of a lot more involved! Now that I have been a bride, I completely understand the highs + lows throughout the wedding planning process. I can now confidently communicate with my bridal clients knowing the feelings of stress + excitement they are going through. I now get what it is like to not only receive payments for wedding invoices, but also be on the other side forking out the doe to epic creatives who are going to help make the whole thing happen. It's amazing but can be pretty damn full on! Drop me a line to chat advice, ideas, rad wedding florals + plain old vent therapy sessions to help get you through one of the most wonderful + intense stages of your life to date. I'm more than a florist + business owner, I'm a good person who wants to help get you through all the floral design stuff with ease whilst still keeping the joy alive in the lead up to the day you marry the man of your dreams.